Masks Mandatory in the Practice
For the ongoing safety of patients and staff, masks will remain mandatory for all staff and visitors to the practice.
Thank you all for your cooperation and help to keep the community safe
For the protection of other patients and staff from the spread of COVID-19...
- All patients who are waiting, or who have household members waiting for the results of a COVID Test must wait until a negative result before visiting the practice.
- Patients with Covid symptoms must have a Covid test and a negative result before presenting to the practice.
- Patients who are in the categories above please make a Telehealth appointment, Book Online or by phone (4658 0580) to not delay your care.
- We appreciate your co-operation in this matter.
- Current goverment regulations require, as a condition of entry to the practice...
- that all patients and visitors must wear a mask.
- that all visitors to the practice check-in using the provided ServiceNSW QR code. Patients with an appointment for that day are not required to check-in.
- maintain safe distancing and use the provided hand hygiene facilities.
Thank you for taking all necessary precautions to protect yourself, your family and others in the community.
In this time of uncertainty, you can be certain we will continue to provide the highest standard of patient care.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policies around COVID-19, or about the vaccine please call on (02) 4658 0580, or you may call any of the following help lines...
- the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080
- The Public Health Unit on 1300 066 055
- The healthdirect helpline on 1800 022 222.